Events and Engagement Coordinator
If you have exceptional organizational skills, love planning memorable events, and enjoy working with your community, we would love to have you join the Team as the Events and Engagement Coordinator. Your primary function will be to oversee all aspects of the Elyria Community Partnership Events. (including but not limited to, the Third Thursday series, Fall Festival, and Winter Market). You will also be a valuable connection for our volunteers, board members, the events committee, and the committee chairperson.
You will report to the Executive Director, build valuable connections, and help serve your community.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Elyria Community Partnership Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 p.m. March 31, 2023. This is a part-time job that pays up to $25 an hour based on experience.
Elyria Community Partnership is an equal opportunity committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.
The Elyria Community Partnership
The Elyria Community Partnership is a new community development corporation created to serve Elyria. Its mission is to drive and support the revitalization of Elyria’s historic downtown & neighborhoods, Its vision is to support the development of Elyria as a vibrant, diverse, and historic city where our neighborhoods are rich with community assets and activities, thriving businesses, and quality housing for all.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and organize events in coordination with the director of the organization and steering committee, including booking vendors, coordinating locations with The City of Elyria Parks and Recreation, coordinating social media and advertising, and creating signage.
- Help spur and develop new events that will create vibrancy in downtown Elyria
- Actively engage and energize Partnership volunteers, board members, committees, local businesses, partnering organizations, and funders as appropriate to ensure effective events, and work closely with the Executive Director
- Track and regularly evaluate program components and events, to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with the City of Elyria to ensure a collaborative relationship to support successful events.
- Manage a team of volunteers to assist with events and to be available for additional activities.
- For events, recruit and manage financial sponsors working with Executive Director
- Manage social media for the organization including maximizing attendance at all events
- Do all this work in a way that supports principles of racial equity
- Highly organized and can manage large-scale projects
- Proficient with social media and can use it to increase participation in events
- Collaborative team player who will work well with the Executive Director, the City of Elyria, and all relevant stakeholders
- Able to develop and write sponsorship requests for events
- Manage budgets for events responsibly
- Can hire and engage contractors as necessary for events and can work with them collaboratively
Education and Experience Requirements
In addition to the Professional Competencies above, candidates for this role should possess the following:
- Associate’s degree + minimum 2 years related Event Planning or community engagement experience; or High School Diploma + 4 years related Event Planning or community engagement experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including public speaking